Posted by Paulo Amorim Cruz on 15 June 2013 02:45 PM
Sometimes online update process might fail due some firewall settings, security locks or internet connection issues. The Manual Update process is an alternative to update your Scriptcase version in a quick and safe way.
Before you start any update/migrate process we always recommend you to backup your current Scriptcase version (Options -> Settings -> Services Backup).
Perform the complete backup and save the file .zip file to ensure that your data is safe and secure.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not delete the directory where Scriptcase is installed.
Please follow the steps below to update your Scriptcase manually:
1. Download Scriptcase’s .zip or .tgz file available online. Click here to download
2. Move the downloaded file to a temporary folder and extract its contents.
3. Open the extracted folder and copy or cut all its contents (folders and files).
4. Once you have copied the downloaded files, open Scriptcase’s directory folder, where you have your Scriptcase installed, and paste the copied files.
For Windows 64 bits version the default path is: C:\Program Files\NetMake\v9\wwwroot\scriptcase
For Windows 32 bits version the default path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\NetMake\v9\wwwroot\scriptcase
For Linux the default path is: /opt/NetMake/v9/wwwroot/scriptcase
Once you have finished the copy, all files will be replaced and updated with the new patches released. Your projects will not be affected during the update, however, to prevent loss or damage to your projects, we recommend you to have a safe backup as mentioned above.
5. After the Manual Update process is completed open your Scriptcase and check if your version is updated (Help -> Check Version).